Saturday 28 September 2013

Unaussprechlichen Kulten / Godless - Azathoth - Azazel/Azoth / Ontomorsophia



 
UNAUSSPRECHLICHEN KULTEN / GODLESS - Azathoth - Azazel/Azoth / Ontomorsophia (IRON BONEHEAD - Split 7"EP 2013)
It feels like every new release by Unaussprechlichen Kulten is some sort of a great event for me and it’s not different with their newest effort – which is a split 7”EP with Godless. Iron Bonehead Productions has again taken care of releasing this single, just as they did it with the previous release “Lucifer Poseidon Cthulhu”, but I don’t know whether it is going to be a longer cooperation between the label and the band, or did they sign the pact of blood just for these two seven inches. Anyway, as I already mentioned the music of Unaussprechlichen Kulten became very important to me and I’m waiting impatiently for each next outburst of evil and horrid, which this Chilean horde is unleashing… And these feelings were any different with this split with Godless.
And about Godless I would like to write first, as I wasn’t that familiar with this band before. OK, I’ve read a couple of interviews with them earlier in fanzines and I guess I have also read some reviews, but somehow I still didn’t have a chance to hear either “Ecce Homo: Post Lux Tenebras, Pulsio XIII Ultima Ratio” CD or “Irreligiosus Nemine Discrepante” EP (which both are easily available here and there, so I must purchase a copy of each of these two releases). On this new split 7”EP Godless (which is also from Chile, by the way) joins Unaussprechlichen Kulten and I must say that both bands fits together perfectly; both from the musical and lyrical sides. “Mors: The Verb, The Antinomy” is such an intense, powerful and massive song that it will crack the walls in your house instantly and turn into ruin everything what seemed to be stable and solid. Man, I just love how Godless sounds on this EP. Just like Unaussprechlichen Kulten they take a huge influence from such Incantation – just to name one, the most obvious, band – but the riffing and execution is perfect for my taste. I love the variety of their song – as there are both very slow and fast parts – and also the production and vocals; everything, EVERYTHING, has been done perfectly. Hats off for yet another killer band from Chile! And today I’ll put my order for “Ecce Homo: Post Lux Tenebras, Pulsio XIII Ultima Ratio” CD; I just need more of such godless stuff.
Unaussprechlichen Kulten… do I need to add anything else to what I have already written in my three other reviews of this band? I guess no… This is just superb and utterly killer band, I love their music, I love how they use the Cthulhu mythos into one, great concept, I love the band’s image… and damn, this is 100% pure metal destruction and Unaussprechlichen Kulten is already one of my top favourites of the current death metal. “Lucifer-Poseidon-Cthulhu (Creatura Aquae part 3)” leaves me barely alive, after these bulldozing, monstrous riffs ripped my guts out and blew my head off. Great production, fantastic riffs, killer atmosphere of the music… Damn, if you’re into the ancient Morbid Angel, Immolation, Incantation, Sadistic Intent, etc then this band is a fuckin MUST HAVE for you. No forgiveness. No mercy. Total annihilation.
Final rate: 95/100

No comments:

Post a Comment