Thursday 1 May 2014

Paganizer - Cadaver Casket (On a Gurney to Hell)

PAGANIZER - Cadaver Casket (On a Gurney to Hell) (CYCLONE EMPIRE - LP 2014)
A month without new album from Rogga Johansson is lost… but for this LP I had to wait a little. This is the newest Paganizer EP, which originally was added to (what a freaking idea!) Close-Up Magazine #157 (to subscribers only). I was afraid that I will have no chance to hear it, when suddenly it turned out that there will be a vinyl version released. And that is even better for me!!!!!! I certainly prefer such music to be on vinyl! Surprisingly though, it is only my first Paganizer 12” vinyl, I have many releases of this band, but all on CD and one or two on 7”. So, it was about time to get something on the best format ever. Especially as “Cadaver Casket” comes with such an amazing artwork (I seriously love it!) and on golden vinyl. Priceless.
Musically I seriously think this is one of the best Paganizer recordings ever. And yes, I know what I am saying, I’m not mad. The band has some truly amazing albums in their discography, but if I can be honest there are also some, which are more mediocre or kind of fillers to the whole goregraphy. Anyway, most of their stuff is great, like the last two albums. Anyway “Cadaver Casket (On a Gurney to Hell)” surely belongs to my favourite Paganizer materials. I just like everything about it. The band fires off with a killer title song and ever since the first note I am into this shit! “Cadaver Casket” has a classic, meaty, brutal, powerful sound, where every riff sounds like damn chainsaw and each drum sound is like a blast. And Rogga’s vocals are – as always – extremely good. And when they kick off with the blasts in “Rot” then the madness is in the peak! What I love here also is that Paganizer incorporates some harmonic parts, like killer leads and stuff like that, what makes the whole music not only more interesting, but also just more varied and it is just touching the essence of the classic Swedish death metal, with the dark, eerie atmosphere and memorable, possessing riff. Rogga is a never-ending mine for the killer riffs, what such “Souls for Sale” proves again. I’m not gonna mention any more songs though. For me “Cadaver Casket” is close to perfection, speaking of this style of music! And I really don’t give a shit if someone will moan that it is repetitive and has been played hundreds of times before. This is not what it all is about, at least not for me. I do take a lot of joy and passion from bands like Paganizer and yes, I can certainly consider “Cadaver Casket” to be one of the best Swedish death metal tunes, which I have heard lately. Enough said!
Standout tracks: “Rot”, “Souls for Sale”

Final rate: 90/100

No comments:

Post a Comment