Thursday 18 August 2016

Obscure Infinity / Funeral Whore - Summon the Undead

OBSCURE INFINITY / FUNERAL WHORE- Summon the Undead (FINAL GATE Records split 7"EP 2015) 
So, what we have here? Two killer death metal bands on split 7”EP? Bring it on, I love such releases! And I like both Funeral Whore and Obscure Infinity music a lot, I am definitely an addict to such sounds. Funeral Whore is the band I was really into after their killer “Step Into Damnation” album and split EP with Profanal. Sadly they were quiet for few years and only recently they finally released the second album “Phantasm”, which I am yet to hear. On this split EP Funeral Whore brings a fantastic song titled “Traces of Death” and I am really into such sounds. Totally!!! This is the essence of old school death metal, a brilliant track that will crush you with killer brutal, vicious music. I love the riffs, also how Funeral Whore incorporates melodic parts into the obscure death metal, with this dark, horror atmosphere than completes this music so perfectly. “Traces of Death” sounds just excellent and I just cannot wait when I will finally hear “Phantasm”.
On the other hand Obscure Infinity – who started pretty much at the same time as Funeral Whore – managed to complete three full length albums plus several split releases, so they were very, very active. For this split EP they re-recorded a song “Maniac Destroyer” from the “Into the Depths of Infinity” demo. I haven’t listened to this demo for few years, so I honestly don’t remember this song, but on this small piece of vinyl it sounds great. It’s very harsh, vicious and fast piece of death metal that will blow your head off with its great dose of furious, maniacal (ha!) aggression! It sounds really damn good, in my opinion, I have to say that the whole performance is awesome and that guitar solo in the end is just excellent. Yeah, I wanna play the “Into the Depths of Infinity” demo now and compare both versions, see how much they’ve changed this song, because on this split EP “Maniac Destroyer” sounds fuckin great.
Final rate: 85/100

No comments:

Post a Comment