Sunday 1 October 2017

Demonic Rage - Venomous Wine from Putrid Bodies

DEMONIC RAGE - Venomous Wine from Putrid Bodies (IRON BONEHEAD LP 2014)
Chilean death metal fuckin rules, I love many bands from there and I am happy to see more of them coming. One of my favourite acts from there is Demonic Rage, definitely! This band released quite many demos or splits, but most of them is impossible to find. Luckily, they also released a killer compilation titled "Omen of Doom", which contains a lot of that rare material. You can check my review of this CD and still get a copy from Old Temple Records. But it's weird that with such vast discography, Demonic Rage has only one full length album so far, which is 2013's "Venomous Wine from Putrid Bodies". But in this case, it's the quality, not quantity, that matters, because this is truly killer record, which for me puts Demonic Rage among my favourite death metal commandos. 
I remember when I first listened to "Venomous Wine from Putrid Bodies". I was blown away immediately. Knowing this band from a couple of demos, I got exactly what I wished to hear from them. I loved every riff, every song, I loved the atmosphere, the production and killer vocals... everything about this record was perfect... except the fact that it's so damn short haha! Obviously 30 minutes is not as bad as "People of the Monolith" (only 22 minutes of music, crime!), but I would not mind hearing two or three anthems more from Demonic Rage. On the other hand, such short record gives you certainty that the whole material is perfect, with no fillers or unnecessary bullshit. Just perfect death metal from start to finish. Death metal, which sounds like a tornado that will blow you away and crush everything on its way. 
I have to say that Demonic Rage sounds like beast on "Venomous Wine from Putrid Bodies". Obviously their music has a lot in common with other Chilean gods, like Unaussprechlichen Kulten, Dominus Xul or Godless. They all have a lot of common influence from Incantation, Funebrarum, Immolation, Krisiun or Vital Remains, to name just few. But they add something unique to their style, what makes their music sound a bit different. I don't know, maybe it's the South American brutality and uncompromising style of old school metal from there... Anyway, as I mentioned, every track on "Venomous Wine from Putrid Bodies" is great, even barely one minute short "Cadaver Christ's Desecration" delivers pure massacre. I love these strong and crushing riffs, repugnant and evil aura, heaviness and the vicious feeling of this death metal. I like how iis fast, but there are also many slow and doomy fragments, which brings pure morbid devastation. Give a listen to "Evoking the Pestilence" or "All Pest Shall Fall Over Me", but be ready for some broken bones! 
It's interesting that songs for this album have been written during many years, some are quite old and appeared on some other releases before... I am not sure if Demonic Rage are so lazy, that they not only did a 30 minutes long album, but it is filled with old songs. But it doesn't matter, it's damn strong and great album and I can only wait now for some new shit from this band. 
Standout tracks: "Sulphuric Congregation Towards the Holocaust of All Sacred and Holy", "The Fall of Nazarene", "All Pest Shall Fall Over Me", "Repugnant Shapes in a Ritualistic Coven of Death" 
Final rate: 80/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment